- Electroless nickel plating employing advanced stabilizer and unique buffering technology that eliminates the need for either lead or cadmium
- Mid-phosphorus composition, typically 7-9% by weight, offering best combination of superior corrosion resistance and excellent wear resistance
- Appealing metallic luster consistent brilliant appearance throughout the life of the bath
- Ultra-smooth deposit with consistently low coefficient of friction
- Can be thermally treated to increase hardness of the nickel phosphorus alloy to an equivalent hardness of 60-65 Rockwell C
Typical Physical Properties
Cadmium: 0 ppm
Lead: 0 ppm
|Appearance:||Shiny metallic Luster|
|Density:||8.0 – 8.2 grams/cm2|
|Microhardness:||550 HVN100 as deposited
900 HVN100 as heat treated
|Electrical Resistivity:||70-100 micro ohm/cm|
|Magnetic Properties:||Slightly magnetic as plated|
|Melting Point:||880 – 1100°|
|Ductility:||Passes ASTM B-489|
|Wear Resistance:||16-20 TWI As deposited
10-12 TWI Heat Treated
TWI = Taber Wear Indiex mg / 1000 cycles using CS-10 wheels
RoHS and WEEE Legislation prohibits lead, cadmium, mercury and hexavalent chromium from use in electrical and electronic equipment with very few exceptions.
ELV Legislation prohibits the use of any level or lead or cadmium intentionally added in elctroless nickel specified by automotive manufacturers worldwide due to its unmatched corrosion and wear resistance.
Anoplate's ENhanced Z8 offers all the advantages of electroless nickel to manufacturers without concern over compliance to stringent environmental regulations (e.g. RoHS, WEEEE, ELV) that restrict or ban the presence of lead or cadmium typically found in the majority of electroless nickel deposits.
With an internationally accredited ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, Anoplate is committed to routinely reducing its environmental impact - Anoplate's ENhanced Z8 is the product of that commitment.
For questions about this process or if you would you like to discuss an application for ENhanced Z8? Contact Us Today.