Gold coatings that meet demanding performance requirements
Anoplate runs a full series of gold baths that are specially formulated to plate with varying degrees of purity and hardness, as-required by the specific application. The metallurgical properties achieved in these gold formulations allow Anoplate to offer gold electrodeposits that assure optimal performance in the followng areas:
- Corrosion and tarnish resistance
- Low and stable contact resistance
- Wear resistance
- Infrared reflectivity
- No fretting degradation
Rely on Anoplate’s Gold Expertise
Anoplate engineers and plating personnel have extensive experience in gold plating technology, strategies, and practical applications. Anoplate is fully capable in obtaining proper Gold plating adhesion over difficult-to-plate copper alloys containing zinc, beryllium, tellurium or lead.
Anoplate’s Gold finishes exceed the following requirements:
- ASTM B 488
- AMS 2422
Per MIL-DTL-45204, the following purity “Types” are associated with hardness “grades”:
|Purity||Hardness (Grades) |
|Type I || |
A, B, or C
|Type II ||B, C or D |
|Type III ||A Only |
|Anoplate Term ||Grade||Hardness*|
|"Hot" Gold||A||90 Max|
|Hard Gold||D||201 Min|
Anoplate Gold Baths
- “Hot” Gold: 24Kt satin-bright deposit that is stress-free, fine-grained, and extremely ductile. This deposit has exceptional corrosion and heatresistance, and has exceptional solderability, even after prolonged storage.
- Purple Gold: 23.9Kt which co-deposits with metallic hardeners for added durability. Achieves a relatively low-stress deposit, is 99.7% pure, and results in a contact resistance of 4-7 mΩ.
- Hard Gold: Durable deposit is excellent for connector pins and shells that will see multiple mating cycles and need to withstand sheering forces. The resulting deposit has a lower coefficient of friction than any of the other grades.
For questions about this process or if you would you like to discuss an application for Gold? Contact Us Today.