Electropolishing technology for a wide range of stainless steels
AnoPolish is Anoplate’s proprietary electropolishing process for a variety of stainless steels, Invar, and Kovar. Electropolishing, as its name implies, refers to chemical polishing of various metals in an acid solution using electricity. The process works by electro-chemical removing high spots on the part, but on a micro-level.
Key AdvantagesKey Advantages
- Improves lubricity through smoother surface finish
- Improves corrosion resistance
- DeburrsAnoPolish used on medically-invasive surgical instruments and bone plates to improve corrosion performance and sterilizationability.
- Offers excellent reflectance and sheen
- Removes impurities inherent in the machining/bending/welding process
- Relieves stresses in the part imparted by coldworking or machining
- Can be used to right-size parts that are overtolerance
- Improves the sterilization-ability for invasive surgical instruments
Used in conjunction with subsequent passivation processes, AnoPolish will outshine and outperform. Applicable Passivation Standards:
- AMS 2700
- ASTM A 967
- ASTM A 380
- ASTM F 1089
- Medical implants & devices
- Food processing & handling equipment
- Pharmaceutical/laboratory equipment
- Gears & splines
AnoPolish typically results in a two-fold decrease in surface finish of the part. The AnoPolish can be tailored to fit specific dimensional or surface finish requirements however if both are required, please consult with our engineering staff prior to machining parts.
AnoPolish can deburr an edge (left), leaving the edge nice and smooth (right)
For questions about this process or if you would you like to discuss an application for AnoPolish? Contact Us Today.