AnoBlack Cr is Anoplate’s proprietary black chrome deposit. AnoBlack Cr deposits a deep, matte black that is proven to reduce glint and glare in your critical optical components.
One of the first applications for AnoBlack Cr was coating the optical heads of opthalmascopes, providing a low-reflection light-path for the lens assembly and a durable, appealing black coating on the outside that would take the abuse of day-to-day use in the doctor’s office.
Since then, Anoplate’s AnoBlack Cr coating has been specified by name on various spaceflight, defense and medical device drawings.
- There are no controllable thickness ranges for AnoBlack Cr, however Anoplate’s experience is that the coating typically adds 0.0002-0.0003” of thickness per surface.
- On most substrates, a underplate of nickel is required which adds additional thickness.
- If directed AnoBlack Cr can be supplied with a light oil to improve the aesthetic look and corrosion performance.
- AnoBlack Cr has a natural knap on the surface. If desired, Anoplate can remove the knap by brushing the part afterward to expose the adherent black coating underneath.
- Avionic fasteners and controls
- Optical light sinks for spaceflight instruments
- Medical diagnostic instruments
- Military night sights
- Control buttons and nobs
- Good wear resistance
- Thermal Cycling – Up to 900°F
- Optical Absorbance – 0.98
- Emissivity – 0.05
- Stainless Steel
- Inconel, Monel, Invar, Covar
- Brass & Copper
- Various customer-developed specification